I am making this blog to show what it's like to be part of an adoption, to be the older sister of an adopted sibling (and many biological siblings :)). To be the older sister DURING the adoption and after, to be the older sister to a very special little somebody with an extra chromosome. :) Most of these posts will be letters to my baby brother, my little pumpkin, Josiah
Ever since mommy and daddy committed to you, ten months ago, I have been a different person. Ever since I learned of the fate orphans with special needs face in other countries, I have changed my out look on life. You have changed me, and guess what, you aren't even home yet. Mommy and daddy found you on ReecesRainbow. Every night I think about you, litttle boy, I wonder what it'd be like to be you. There in the orphanage with no mommy's kiss, no daddy's hug, no sister's love, no love of a family whatsoever. Then i realize that you will be home soon, never to be left alone again. Let me tell you something, pumpkin, you will NEVER be alone here, at home. There are so many people over here praying for you. So many people waiting for you to come home. So many people waiting to kiss your soft little cheek. Josiah i never would have thought that I could learn soooo much from a little boy. From you, I've learned how to love people for who they ARE not who the WORLD says they are. I've learned to cherish everyday that goes by, but also look forward to the new days coming which brings us closer to you. Little pumpkin, let me tell you all about how much MOMMY loves you. Pumpkin, she loves you so much, I can tell when ever she talks about you her eyes light up, and she becomes so HAPPY. Whenever she looks at your pictures she smiles. Whenever she watches the video of you she talks of how cute and sweet you are. Little brother, Mommy loves you soo super much. She can't wait till the day you are home with us, hopefully soon.
Little Pumpkin, I love you too, I'm thinking about you right this moment. Oh how I long to hold you. Precious little boy, I never imagined that I could love someone who I've only known through pictures. Josiah, whenever i am sad i look at your sweet smiley face you have in the pictures, every picture you are as happy as can be, and I wish i could be as happy as you. Little brother, you are my hero, even though I've never seen you face to face, but i long for the day that I can hold your soft hands, watch you sleep, kiss your little cheek, and see how much everyone will change from you. Little brother I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.
Love your sissy, Amanda.
Amanda, I can tell that you are one very special girl. Vahnya is going to so blessed to have you and your family to love him forever. Looking forward to reading your love letter to him. Especially when he is home with you, changing your lives even more!
ReplyDeleteThank you Heather.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until he's home, and I know you guys can't wait until your little beautiful princess is home with you.