Pages

Mar 7, 2011

Hey Pumpkin. I'm just laying here on my bed listening to Casting Crowns. I'm actually suposed to be asleep its 1 in the morning but for some reason I just can't. I don't know why, maybe it's because I just finished 2 essays, or maybe it's because of the word I heard at church today, or perhaps because of all the things going on around me. But I'm reminded to "Praise him in the storm!" Whatever the reason I am up right now, it's for a reason.
Pumpkin. Last Wednesday March 1, 2011. You became my brother, I mean to me you have ALWAYS been my brother, but the judge in your country told mommy and daddy that you are my LEGAL brother. Which is EXCITING! You will come to America in less than a month. Mommy travels back to your country in a little longer than a week, where she will meet Heather, Anya's mommy, and you get to meet beautiful Anya, in person!
 Little brother, You don't know how hard it is for me to sit here waiting for you! It's crazy! I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve waiting in exciment and axiousness to reveal the inside of the wrapping. Or the night before we leave for our vacation to the beach, or going to Toy's R Us at 6 years old in the Barbie isle knowing I get to go home with one or two if I can persuade daddy to buy me both. But with more joy, More EXCITEMENT! More hapiness! Little brother, I am actually shaking, with excitement!
All I can say is WOW! A year ago, mommy and daddy first saw your sweet face, and now we are almost close to the end of this journey, but it's not really the end of the journey, more like the end of a chapter, or book. Closing the book of your life in an orphanage, and Writing the first chapter of life here, with us. I actually start to get teary-eyed when I think of your home coming. Like seriously!! I can't wait!
I need to get planning your home-coming party! ;)
All the talk around here is about you. I saw people today at church look over to our row (which our family fills up really fast.) to see if you were there, I guess they don't stay updated, haha.
Okay I told you I was listening to Casting Crowns so I couldn't not post some lyrics:
This one means alot right now......
(this is only PART of the song)

United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we're lying in the dark
There's a shout heard 'cross the eastern sky
For the Bridegroom has returned
And has carried His bride away in the night

America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King
Will we be sleeping
Will we be sleeping

United States of America
Looks like another silent night

It's a really important song.



I love you!
More than the Bright Shining Stars!


1 comment:

  1. This is great! so happy you guys passed court! this is really beautiful- a whole blog of letters to your new little brother! Ingenious and beautiful! By the way, I think you posted some of the BEST song lyrics in the WORLD! I LOVE Casting Crowns!

    ReplyDelete