Pages

Mar 10, 2011

A YEAR?

It's been a year.... In some aspects it's hard to believe but in others it's like 'Look at what we've accomplished!'
Last year on this Amazing day March 10 (Mommy's Birthday) our family took off on an amazing journey to bring you home, Pumpkin. It started off smooth, we were hitting all the marks.
The paperwork and SW finding went well.
On April 17, our home study took place. Oh boy did we clean! I have never cleaned that much in my life!!! When our SW got here she looked through the house, made sure we were 'good' people. The part that I was dreading then came, One-on-one talk with the SW. I thought it was gonna go downhill, that she wouldn't like one of us, or maybe she wouldn't like the attitude of the person who said it.
I remember this clear as day.
It was my turn and since MaeMae didn't talk very well, I volunteered to go with her and 'translate' her baby talk for the SW, I was sitting in a black office chair. My palms were sweating (first time ever, and only time since) It was very nerve-racking. But it was all for you Pumpkin. She asked simple questions it was no big deal. She asked if I played softball, What I thought about adopting you, and What I would do to help you/teach you. The hard part was over.
Then we hit some turbulence, when our SW left for vacation in the month of May, which put us behind a month. It was at least the middle of June before we got any news on the home study.
 While we waited for HS news we worked on the Dossier. Which I didn't even know how to pronounce. By the time July swung around we were Aposilling things. Or notarizing them. Then once we sent our dossier and other info to your country. Waited.....and waited....and waited....waited and waited......Until one day we got news that the people in your country went over your stuff, More turbulence, we had to redo something. We waited another long while.
October 26 is a day that I'll never forget, Pumpky. The day mommy got THE phone call!!! I was getting home from school, I walked in, found mommy on the phone, once she hung up the call I walked towards her, tears overfilled in my eyes... and in mommy's eyes too. She would meet you!
You are the joy that keeps us happy.


Mommy and daddy left to meet you on November 15th, 2010. You had just turned 3. And You were everything mommy and daddy (and I) could ask for. Mommy and daddy loved on you.
Then On February 1st, 2011 Mommy and daddy got their court date! For March 1st.
March 1st is the day you became a Nine. :) The day you were declared my brother!
Mommy will be in your country again in less than a week with Heather ( who I told you about ).
Daddy will join mommy in 1 and a half weeks and then Pumky. Only then Will you fly home!
While we are still up in the air now, we will be safely landing at home with you cradled in our arms.




I Love you x1,000,000!
Love Sissy!

3 comments:

  1. wow Amanda you are already a pro at adoption you know what a dossier is and an apostille lol great post bwe need to print out yours Madisons nad my blog posts and put a book together for him to look at and have when he gets older he will be so proud to know how he came to our family and how much we love him.
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! I can tell you love him very much! Your mom and dad must be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--he is going to thrive with all of this love from his big sisters. I'm so excited for all of you! I get to meet him in just over a week! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete